of Liquor Names
Many search for a list of liquor names only to come up empty. This
is no longer the case, as you've come to the right place my fine
feathered friend to find the ultimate list of liquor names and their
Other sites may give just a simple list of liquor names, but we
go all out here and offer a somewhat silly interpretation on what
these liquor names actually mean. So, taste a little brandy, throw
back some cognac, and sip a little schnapps as you're reading this
top 20 list.
List of Liquor Names
1. Applejack - is hey both a cereal and an alcoholic beverage.
2. Beer - is the combined name for a bourbon drinking deer.
3. Bourbon - means not rural.
4. Brandy - is a fine girl and what a good wife you will be (with
apologies to Gordon Lightfoot).
5. Champagne - is the French word for "pain in the champ".
6. Cognac - means literally two gnacs.
7. Gin - is what one says when one wins a card game.
8. Moonshine - comes from the Latin words "moonus" and
9. Ouzo - is a small automatic weapon.
10. Port - is where sailors go in a storm.
11. Rum - is short for "rub my bum".
12. Sake - is the shortened version of "sock it to me"
from the 1960's.
13. Schnapps - is the German word for oddly enough "German".
14. Scotch - comes from Ireland.
15. Sherry - baby.
16. Tequila - loosely translated means "suck down the worm
and give me your money, Gringo."
17. Vermouth - means "her mouth" in Swahili.
18. Vodka - means liquor one can take to work in a thermos.
19. Whiskey - figuratively means "I'm moving from a buzz to
a drunken episode I'll be sorry for in the morning".
20. Wine - I want to go to Florida, I want a million dollars, I
want a new car, I want to live in a penthouse, I want a maid,
This is the top 20 list of liquor names. Do with it what you will
(or nothing at all). I take no responsibility for the silly meanings
attributed to each name. If you have a humorous meaning send it
in. Maybe I'll have a beer while looking at it.