of Famous Witches
The names of famous witches are explored on this page for your
amusement as well as my own. The meanings behind the names of
these famous witches are completely fictional (except for the
legendary ones), made up and farcical.
In fact you may even find the famous witch names on these pages
whimsical and even a bit humorous. Some would call these witch
names funny while others would not go this far. However, far you
will go my dear friend, thanks for stopping by and don't be a
Top 12 Names of Famous Witches
- Elvira - of course is the Halloween witch that comes
out once a year since like forever to get you to watch horror
movies and scream for the lead characters not to go into the
- Glinda - is the Good Witch of the North as opposed
to that other bad witch who came from another direction.
- Elphaba - is the Wicked Witch of the West in the Broadway
play Wicked as opposed to Elph-ibaba in the Wizard of
Id cartoon strip.
- Nessarose - is the Wicked Witch of the East in the
Broadway play Wicked and in recent times is also known
as Martha Stewart.
- Anne Boleyn - was the second wife of Henry VIII of
England who was beheaded and put into a stew for Hollywood dwarves
- Joan of Arc - was the wife of Noah and creator of the
Arc welder that has survived to this very day and is used, ironically
enough, on present day ships.
- Marie Laveau - was the voodoo queen of New Orleans
who inspired the song, "The Gambler" sung by Mel Gibson
- Samantha - was the TV show witch on Bewitched that
would wrinkle her nose and cause world chaos and destruction.
- Sabrina - was a teenage witch on a TV show of which
the name escapes me now, but was rather a good yet mischievous
- Blair Witch - was a cross between Blair Underwood and
a Salem witch in some cross-dressing Halloween stunt that has
been stricken from the annals of history. Yikes, I just said
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer - was a movie witch or We-atch
as they say, who starred in the movie "Twilight."
- Witches of Eastwick - was actually one witch on steroids
who cloned herself to become many and satisfy few.
This has been a top 12 list of the names of famous witches in
myth and legend. Yes, I know is a compact list and a bit, just
plain odd. Well, witches are odd you nincompoop! Now that we have
this out of the way, move along. There is nothing here left to
see. Off you go, you witch lover! Sorry, I'm being an Ass. My
apologies to witches worldwide.